Saturday, April 02, 2011

For My Cousin Elizabeth Rose ~ RIP





Words can't describe how I feel

It's been so long since we spoke

I do remember the times we used to spend together when I lived with you and the rest of our family...

We used to stay up late, do one anothers hair

Sure we where suppose to be in bed, As your mom asked

But we didn't listen, we stayed up and talked about guys

who was cute and who wasn't and who we wanted to date or take to the dance

You mom would yell "I hope your in bed", we would reply with "yes mom we are"

Little did she know we where still awake

Nothing stopped us from staying up so late

Though the next morning we couldn't get out of bed on time

We used to spend weekends sitting on the porch, going for walks & just hanging out

You taught me so much, so much I couldn't learn on my own

You where always like my big sister

Anything I needed to talk about you where always there for me

Even when we fought, about stupid little things from the music being so loud and I would yell "shutup" as you where singing... Not all the time but most times when you would wake me up

You have the voice of a angel, this I know is true

I can never forget my times with you

Now the time has come where god has you in his home

open his arms and is now taking care of you

sometimes I ask myself why why did god take you from us so young

I sometimes turn and ask god the same

But I know deep down your no longer in pain

Though I sit here and still can't believe your gone



Ive sat here for the last few days, wondering what to write what to say...

I just ramble on hoping things sound okay

My dearest cousin who I have always loved & looked up too

Your a amazing women and mother

Even though we lost touch over many many years

It seems like just yesterday we spoke like there was no time gap between

This is to my cousin Liz Who I will miss & always love

Til the day we will all meet up again


I ask you lord please Hold her in your arms protect and take care of her

Let her know shes going to be okay and there is no need to be scared

Lord I ask you to help my family though this time of need

I ask in your name

Amen...



I also found this reminded me of something Liz would do/say/write, i want to share it with my family & friends


Hey everybody,

I hope this doesn't reach you too late.

I don't want you to worry,

Because life up here is great.

I can't wait for you to see the beauty of heaven,

But I know it's not your time.

I really miss you guys,

But I know you'll be just fine.

You know I can see you right,

So please stop shedding tears.

You guys, I'm perfectly fine,

So conquer all your fears.

I'll be watching your every move.

Relax! I won't spill your beans.

But stop all those naughty things you do,

Because you know there's nothing He can't see.

I need you to come here to meet me,

But not if you misbehave,

So please keep God in your heart,

And you'll be safe and saved.

Hey guys I know you miss me.

It's really hard not to.

But please, please stop grieving,

Because you're making me sad too.

You guys have been a great family,

And I am truly blessed.

You've raised me through my earthly life,

Now God will do the rest.

He's really a great person,

And an even better friend,

So I'm in great hands,

And on Him you can also depend.

Oh boy, I'm getting carried away.

I want to say so many things,

But I really have to go now,

Because today I'm getting my wings.

Bye you guys, love you forever and a day!


P.S.: Be good. I'll be watching!!!


Thanks for putting up with me rambling along I hope what I wrote sounds okay

I love you Liz, I will never forget you <3

Love your cousin always

Tina

xo

No comments: