Thursday, February 08, 2007

My Grandparents & Leukemia

Well as most of you know from my last blog about my grandmother she has Leukemia. At this point I don't know what my emotions should be. I am happy she is back home and feeling better but then at the sametime I am sad they will not tell her. Let alone try the treatments but I guess there right since she is so weak and because of her age. So my emotions and worrys are everywhere. But I do hope by April I can go back home for a visit even though I was hoping for June but we will see what happens I guess.

I wanted to write a bit of the history of why I am so close to my grandparents, most of you know that I always been close to them. They have been more like a mom and dad to me then a grandma and grandpa. But overall they have been both. Reason why . . .
Well when I was born my mother was sick and unable to take care of me, so my father had asked my grandparents (his parents) if they can take care of me, also because my dad was a truck driver and he was never around. They agreed and raised me for 6 awesome years of my life. Those I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. I was spoiled of course because after my grandmother having 5 boys I had became her only daughter and she still thinks of me as her only daughter even to this day.


After I turned 6 my dad had met and planned to remarry to my step mom, guess though those years and being so young I didn't know about my parents split. Meh, it happens I guess. But my step mom to be had a daughter and of course I wanted to have someone to play with. So I left my grandparents and went to live with my dad and step mom to be. Little did I know about the Cinderella life that was ahead of me. But I got though it after 6 years of hell. If I could turn back time and stayed with my grandparents I sure would but at the sametime it's okay now the past is the past.

But overall over the past 25 years of my life, grandma and grandpa have always been here for me no matter what and they still are, even though I am now 900 miles away. They always said to me they will go no where until I am happy and they know I am happy.

Well time will tell eh?

~Noire

Edit.. I found out what type its called myelodysplastic syndrome

No comments: