Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sushi

Well today I went to the local Chinese buffet
Have not gone in quite awhile, figured hey why not!
I got done with my usual stuff I eat chicken yadda yadda, then I wanted dessert. The usual there as well. Ice Cream with Oreo cookie chunks. YUM!
But on my way past the salad bar I noticed.... Sushi!
I never had it before, I am not a sea food person, I will only eat tuna out of a can if any type of sea food comes to mind that I want.
Then I remembered couple times chatting with a great friend of mine, he was eating Sushi.
We chatted about it for awhile and that's when I said to myself, One day I will try it!


So today was the day I tried it!

Well after I grabbed it I headed back to my table and starred at it for about 5Min's, poking at it. I seriously poked at it and looked at it for 5 whole Min's!
I was told, " Just eat it! "
So I picked it up, put it in my mouth and chewed, wasn't to bad at first... couldn't taste the fishy. I only could taste the seaweed it was wrapped in and the rice which i found wasn't to bad. Then I got hit with the fish taste. After another min or so I couldn't handle it.

Come to find out by researching again on Sushi after I got home... they have soy sauce that you can dunk it in and the proper way to eat it. Well today is also the day I am promising myself to try Sushi again and find out the proper way to eat it and will do that next time.

Here is a picture I found closest to the Sushi I ate, the red arrows show you which one, plus mind you the one i had didn't look like that exact, they where skimpy on the ingredients. Well until the next time I try it again, this is one thing I wanted to do marked off my list and another added!

Have a great day!
~Noire


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Erin Palette said...

Um... if you don't like fish... why are you eating sushi? o_O

That said, what you ate was probably a California roll: Avocado and crabmeat. I can, and do, eat those suckers like popcorn. :)

Tina Noire said...

I promised myself Id try it like i said.. I did try it and those where the results, lol.

Oh well one day again ill give it a shot like say.

Always in the mood for something new, y'know?

Unknown said...

Try sashimi next time.

The real raw fish.

Sushi is cooked fish.

And don't forget the wasabi (the green stuff, Japanese horseradish)

Tina Noire said...

hehe, okay ill remember that, thx pep :)