Monday, August 27, 2007

Guess What We Did Today?

Well today is Monday, day off for myself and hubby as well as D&D nite.
His only one again this week :(
I wanna steal him to myself one night away from D&D so we can just have some us time, we haven't had that in over a year on his days off....
Ah well, It's alright
Time will fly by when he goes back to work I'm sure :)
I did get the promotion at work too to a Manager.
I will amit I am nervous, I'm scared about not doing a good job even though I do the best I can at everything I do... and I am told I am great at what I do.
I will miss being at home most of the time and I promised myself if it gets to be to much for me I will step down and go back to a regular sales associate.
But if it does get to be to much I am going to try and stick it out until we get Mom paid back at least and more moneys saved :)
Well I guess your wondering what we did today eh?
Well today we went to the vets to see about Salem's stitch that wouldn't fall out like they said it would... we got that taken care of :)
But while we where waiting there was a kitty sitting in a cage waiting to be adopted, went by the name of Skeet.
They told us neutered male very lovey and we could see that, oh was he ever!
Just then hubby read the sign on the cage and said what does: " Last Day Aug 20Th " Mean? The nurse turned around and said, "we usually give them a certain time to be adopted and if they don't we are required to put them down."
I almost started crying I felt the tears filling up in my eyes as I looked at the date today is the 27Th... right then and there I thought, "great now that he said something they are prolly gonna put him down later cause they musta forgot" I turned to hubby and said "we are taking him" he looked at me and said... "Uhhh...."
He knew I wasn't gonna take No for a answer so he asked how much it would cost to take Skeet home they said $95
I told them when we got back from taking Salem home we would hit the bank and be right back, we fled home little did we know it was only 8am we had time to kill before the bank opened....
We ended up going to the grocery store, grabbed some quick meals to last us until next Monday when we could make a grocery run and it will be after payday so we could stock up on alot of stuff.
As soon as we got home 9am, we ran off to the bank got the money then ran back to the vets and Skeet had to be checked again before we left to make sure he was nurt.... wait a sec the vet said... he isn't a he ... hes a she ;P
Guess they over looked that one!
It's all good though they said they think shes Spay cause she does have a belly scar but that could also be from a C-section but they said they are uncertain unless we wanted them to go in and check for themselves.
We shook our heads NO WAY! Poor girl been though enough!
So they said if she does happen to go into heat bring her back and they will Spay her for free since it's part of the deal when we adopted her.
So off we went!
Hubby scooped the litter and we did with her like we did with Salem, Scyko and Slayer when I brought them from Canada, start them out in the basement where the litter is, get em comfortable down there and let them come up when there ready.
I think she is gonna be alright, just gonna take some time :)
But that was our excitement for the day!
Things have still been going great, I just miss hubby cause he works alot :(
But I am sure we will make some "us" time soon enough ;)
Gonna try for a movie tomorrow afternoon before he goes to bed to get rest for work and maybe lunch, we will see :)
As much as I love D&D maybe we can have a night to ourselves next Monday, i dunno, hehe.
well anyways I am off, need my coh fix b4 D&D tonite :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well Noire hun, I said this before I shall say it again, that is one lucky kitty. I dont think it could have been picked up by a kinder more caring lady. *nods* And I am sure you will do fine in your new job and I know I am happy for you *grins* Yay Noire! Yay Skeets!