Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Updates & Stuff

Well another day is here, its been a pretty stressful week thus far. The weekend was alright though, had to work about 7 or so hours total. I really enjoy not working so much cause I can go in, sell the bath and body supplies to people then come home and relax, clean up, cook do what I need then sleep when I feel like it. As long as my stuff is getting done I don't tend to worry about much.

Although I do have alot going on in life and in my mind as it is, sometimes I just wish I could turn off alot of it and start all over again with no worries. But as they say it's life and one day those worries etc will go away :)

Anyways, as I said weekend was good, Monday was stressful due to taking Scyko in for surgery. I didn't want to take her in and put her though that but I know it was for the best :) Having a cat in heat just about 24/7 was getting very frustrating for us who knows what it was doing to her. I know that personally would drive me crazy if I was in heat that much and can't or couldn't do anything about it. After we picked her up and took her home she was a curious little monkey girl, I thought because she was still coming outta the anaesthetic (sp?) she would just hang out in the cage, nope she took off like crazy and ran! I was like ACK! Finally got her settled in the spare room, poor girl hates that dang dish on her head. I feel so bad for it too but can't have her licking her belly.

Well after getting her in the room i went to go get the litter box and food dish etc etc so she had everything she needed, she almost broke the freaking door down! She didn't wanna be by herself, hey which I can understand! So after getting everything I came and sat with her, she finally fell asleep. I then made a bed in here so I can sleep with her and keep her company since I don't have to go back to work until Saturday :) I got really board though so I moved my PC back in here, now i have a bed, Scyko, City of heroes and my friends I play and chat with. Only problem is when I'm hungry and have to leave for a few Min's she goes nuts! Last night I wanted to make food shower and get the dishes done while taking a quick break from game..... almost couldn't do it she was at it again with the door. Ahh well I finally got it all done and back in the room with her. She got happy and fell asleep :)

But that was my Monday/Tuesday. Today I woke up alot better after some good rest. Yesterday though I woke up after 3hrs rest to Scyko biting my chin and cheek waiting and wanting me to wake up. But it's all good :) I don't mind, but a good rest last night is what I needed. I got up did what I needed and started some food, shes sleeping again now so better get it done quick ;)

My plans for the rest of the day? Probably hit City Of Heroes, spend time with Scyko when she wakes up, sleep more if needed and well that's about it :) With hubby working 7 days a week until further notice I gotta amuse myself and take care of stuff somehow :)

Today is also a Wiccian Holiday for me! Happy Ostara!

March 21 -- Ostara -- Spring or The Vernal Equinox
Also known as: Lady Day or Alban Eiler (Druidic)


As Spring reaches its midpoint, night and day stand in perfect balance, with light on the increase. The young Sun God now celebrates a hierogamy (sacred marriage) with the young Maiden Goddess, who conceives. In nine months, she will again become the Great Mother. It is a time of great fertility, new growth, and newborn animals.

The next full moon (a time of increased births) is called the Ostara and is sacred to Eostre the Saxon Lunar Goddess of fertility (from whence we get the word estrogen, whose two symbols were the egg and the rabbit.

The Christian religion adopted these emblems for Easter which is celebrated on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the vernal equinox. The theme of the conception of the Goddess was adapted as the Feast of the Annunciation, occurring on the alternative fixed calendar date of March 25 Old Lady Day, the earlier date of the equinox. Lady Day may also refer to other goddesses (such as Venus and Aphrodite), many of whom have festivals celebrated at this time.

Traditional Foods:
Leafy green vegetables, Dairy foods, Nuts such as Pumpkin, Sunflower and Pine. Flower Dishes and Sprouts.

Herbs and Flowers:
Daffodil, Jonquils, Woodruff, Violet, Gorse, Olive, Peony, Iris, Narcissus and all spring flowers.

Incense:
Jasmine, Rose, Strawberry, Floral of any type.

Sacred Gemstone:
Jasper

Special Activities:
Planting seeds or starting a Magickal Herb Garden. Taking a long walk in nature with no intent other than reflecting on the Magick of nature and our Great Mother and her bounty.

No comments: