Monday, December 20, 2004

A Song ~ Reminds Me of Me ! ~ Sorta

1000 Words ~ FFX-2

I know that you're hiding things,
Using gentle words to shelter me.
Your words were like a dream.
But dreams could never fool me,
Not that easily.

I acted so distant then,
Didn't say goodbye before you left.
But I was listening,
You'll fight your battles far from me,
Far too easily.

"Save your tears 'cause I'll come back."
I could hear that you whispered as you walked through that door,
But still I swore
To hide the pain,
While I turned back the pages.

Shouting might have been the answer,
What if I cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart?
But now I'm not afraid to say what's in my heart.

'Cause a thousand words call out through the ages,
They'll fly to you,
Even though I can't see,
I know they're reaching you,
Suspended on silver wings.

Oh a thousand words,
One thousand embraces,
Will cradle you,
Making all of your weary days seem far away.
They'll hold you forever.

Oh a thousand words,
Have never been spoken,
They'll fly to you,
They'll carry you home,
And back into my arms,
Suspended on silver wings,

And a thousand words,
Call out through the ages,
They'll cradle you
Turning all of the lonely years to only days,
They'll hold you forever...


No comments: