Before you get pregnant, follow Dr. Lisa’s checklist for getting your body baby ready.
1. Quit smoking, limit alcohol consumption.
2. Start taking a folic acid supplement, which can be found in most prenatal vitamins.
• Every woman of childbearing age needs to get 4 mg daily.
3. Stop oral birth control three months before trying to get pregnant.
4. See your doctor
• Give your doctor a rundown of family heath history
• Get tested for STDs, anemia, hepatitis
• Get up to date on vaccines
5. Avoid Aspirin and ibuprofen
6. Stop changing cat litter
• Dr. Lisa blogs about cats and pregnancy.
7. Switch from aerosol cleaning products to “pump” products; Go green and non-toxic whenever possible.